[CMake] CMake couldn't find 64 bit libraries with ifort + openmpi

rocwhite168 rocwhite168 at 163.com
Mon Mar 11 15:27:30 EDT 2013

Dear CMake users,

I've encountered a strange situation. When I "module load" Intel Fortran compiler ifort and the corresponding OpenMPI installation, CMake will look for libraries dl, nsl, and util in /usr/lib directory, but since the OS, ifort, and mpif90 are all 64 bit, it should have looked in the /usr/lib64 directory. "mpif90 --showme" has "-ldl -lnsl -lutil", and directly using mpif90 will link to the correct versions of the libraries. However, if I specify "FC=gfortran" and do cmake then it will be able to find the correct 64 bit libraries. I checked that in both cases "FIND_LIBRARY_USE_LIB64_PATHS" is set to True.

Have anyone had similar experiences and what should I do to get CMake look in the right places? Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Roc