[CMake] cmake and Windows CE6 problem

mikko.kiilholma at gmail.com mikko.kiilholma at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 05:00:37 EDT 2013

Hi,
I just started to work with cmake. My fist task is to build an application
for Windows CE6.
I have a sdk from device manufacturer (Beckhoff) and I am able to build my
application in Visual Studio 2005 and run it on the device.

Now I must be able to build it with cmake.
I found out that I need the latest nighlty build (
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WinCE ), so I installed it: "
cmake-2.8.10.20130309-ga1f09-win32-x86.exe<http://www.cmake.org/files/dev/cmake-2.8.10.20130309-ga1f09-win32-x86.exe>11-Mar-2013
01:179.9M" to my  Windows 7 desktop.

I run the cmake like this to get VS solution file:
cmake -G "Visual Studio 8 2005 Beckhoff_HMI_600 (x86)" ..\src

Running cmake for an application that shows "hello world" message box
causes errors:

D:\Kokeilut\helloce6\build>cmake -G "Visual Studio 8 2005 Beckhoff_HMI_600
(x86)" ..\src
-- The C compiler identification is MSVC 14.0.50727
-- The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 14.0.50727
-- Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 8 2005
Beckhoff_HMI_600 (x86)
-- Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 8 2005
Beckhoff_HMI_600 (x86) -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - failed
-- Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 8 2005
Beckhoff_HMI_600 (x86)
-- Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 8 2005
Beckhoff_HMI_600 (x86) -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - failed
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: D:/Kokeilut/helloce6/build

Opening the solution file in Visual Studio and building causes linker
errors.

Could someone help me?

- Mikko