[CMake] [CDash] Set program path on the client-side, with client.cdash.xml <program>

Guillaume Blanc guillaumeblanc.sc at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 04:56:55 EST 2013

Hi,

I'm setuping a client machine to run CDash nightly builds of my project,
scheduled from my.cdash.org.
My issue is that initial checkout (git clone) fails because Git command
fails.
I found that it was solved by adding Git to the Path environment variable.

It seems that it's not the right solution though, because from my
understanding mymachine.cdash.xml aims to solve that. So I tried to add the
following section to mymachine.cdash.xml, but I didn't manage to make it
work:

   <program>
     <name>git</name>
     <version>1.7</version>
     <path>C:/Program Files/Git/bin</path>
   </program>

- Am I wrong to think that <program> enumerated in
this mymachine.cdash.xml are aimed to give client program path (amongst
other tings) so that cdash can run those programs on the client side ?
- Is my <program> description wrong ?

Windows XP
CMake 2.8.9
my.cdash.org