[CMake] Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- broken

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Mar 7 06:42:43 EST 2013

On 6 March 2013 11:52, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> On 5 March 2013 17:09, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
>>
>> Taking off incremental seemed to fix the problem for them as well.   If you read that
>> thread close, there seems to be ways to fix the problem...
>
> Installing VS2010 SP1 as the only sensible option.

I've found quicker and less intrusive solution [1] that works for those
who can't/don't want to upgrade to VS2010 SP1

Simply, take cvtres.exe from VS2010 SP1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\cvtres.exe
 or from VS2012
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\bin\cvtres.exe
and copy it over the cvtres.exe in VS2010 RTM installation (the one without SP1)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\cvtres.exe

[1] http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/da-DK/vssetup/thread/d10adba0-e082-494a-bb16-2bfc039faa80

Best regards,