[CMake] support for .f03/.F03 suffix (Fortran 2003)

Zaak Beekman zbeekman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 16:44:39 EDT 2013

> dear all,
>
> it seems that CMake currently does not support .f03/.F03 suffix
> for Fortran 2003 files.
>
> is there a way for me to tell CMake to treat these files as it would treat
> files ending with .f90 or .f95. i can then assign special flags to them via
> source file
> properties.
>
> thank you in advance & best regards,
>   radovan

Radovan,
I'm curious why you want to use .f03 or .f08 extensions. Some
compilers--like Intel's--explicitly forbid this. For portability I would
recommend sticking with the .f90 suffix.

I suspect you can adjust the following variable to implement a work around,
although I am a CMake newbie and have not tried it myself:
CMAKE_Fortran_SOURCE_FILE_EXTENSIONS [
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v2.8.8/cmake.html#variable:CMAKE_LANG_SOURCE_FILE_EXTENSIONS
]