[CMake] Xcode generator fails to heed add_custom_command() DEPENDS

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.net
Mon Jul 15 15:03:47 EDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-07-14 at 13:55 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
> The statements I'm using work great with the Makefile
> generator and the Visual Studio generator, but the build fails with
> the Xcode generator.

Brad committed a fix for this just now, thanks Brad!!

http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=4bb6e248

Works for me.

David, I'll just note here that in the end I did need to use the full
pathname for the DEPENDS line, just as you suggested: the simple
filename worked in all cases for Makefiles and Visual Studio, and (after
this patch) it worked for Xcode for binaries, but it failed in Xcode
trying to stage shared libraries (.dylib), for whatever reason.  Using
the full pathname appears (so far in my testing) to work for all cases.