[CMake] The Visual Studio project file inclusion problems.

Klaim - Joël Lamotte mjklaim at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 04:32:12 EDT 2013

Hi,

CMake 2.8.11 solves a lot of dependency tracking issues with normal CMake
targets, which helps a lot!
Unfortunately, the above issues I described months ago are still there.

It wouldn't be a problem if I didn't need, for example, source versions of
Protobuf and Intel TBB to work, which both don't provide (and don't seem to
want to provide in the future)
CMake configurations.
When building these from source (because it's necessary in my project to
build them from source), using Visual Studio, I'm forced to use
include_external_msproject()
which destroys all the benefits of dependency tracking added to
target_link_libraries() in 2.8.11.

I got no response so far, so I don't know if fixing the issue is a work in
progress, if it's not, if there is a fundamental issue, or if I'm doing it
wrong.

Joel Lamotte