[CMake] cmake 2.8.8: CMake Error: Parse error in cache file

Mark Stijnman mark.stijnman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 06:56:00 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 3:42 PM, Víctor MV <v.mayoralv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Using Angstrom and running cmake 2.8.8 version we're encountering an error
> when parsing the CMakeCache.txt.

[snip]
> CMake Error: Parse error in cache file
> /home/root/catkin_ws/build/CMakeCache.txt. Offending entry: "USAGE:
> LSB_RELEASE [OPTIONS]
> CMake Error: Parse error in cache file
[snip]

> Has anybody seen something like this before. Could it be related to the
> 2.8.8 version?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Víctor.

Yes, I've had something similar. It's likely caused by line breaks in
the strings you stored in the cache. The cache doesn't seem to be able
to deal with that. See if removing the line breaks helps. If you
absolutely need the line breaks, you can always replace all line break
characters "\n" by "\\n", and replace them the other way around before
you use the values.

regards Mark