[CMake] ExternalProject_Add, dependencies and Make

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jul 3 16:15:06 EDT 2013

On 07/02/2013 11:59 PM, Ben Pope wrote:
> I've got a number of libraries I depend on, I use ExternalProject_Add to
> ./configure and build them, I set the DEPENDS field to another
> ExternalProject_Add target.

We do this commonly and use "make -j" to build multiple external
projects in parallel subject to their dependencies.  The DEPENDS
option should say "bring the dependency completely up to date
before starting to build the dependent".

Can you post an example CMakeLists.txt, along with the cmake and
make command lines you use to build it?

Thanks,
-Brad