[CMake] Visual Studio 2010 project not loading with 2.8.10

Andreas Mohr andi at lisas.de
Wed Jan 30 21:53:15 EST 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 07:56:23PM -0500, cmake-request at cmake.org wrote:
> From: ---- ---- <---->
> Subject: [CMake] Visual Studio 2010 project not loading with 2.8.10
>
> Hey there. I recently switched from CMAKE 2.8.7 to 2.8.10 and found that my new fresh generated vcxproj file does not load in VS 2010 where the old one generated by 2.8.7 loads correctly. I just gives a generic error that one or more projects could not be loaded. I want to move to 2.8.10 because it has more advanced generator expressions. What do I need to supply to you to help me figure out what the issue is?

I think the quickest way is to keep a copy of the broken .vcxproj file,
then revert to a CMake version which works
(I'd recommend to try 2.8.9 first, to minimize change candidates),
then keep a copy of the working .vcxproj file, too.
Then either use diff to figure out the changed/added parts,
or figure them out manually (obviously less reliable),
or send both files to someone who can analyze it this way.

Thanks for the report!

Andreas Mohr