[CMake] CPack DEB dependencies

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 16:07:04 EST 2013

2013/1/28 Clinton Stimpson <clinton at elemtech.com>:

> When I try installing a cpack generated .rpm package on another machine, it
> also installs a handful of other dependent packages (including the 32 bit
> libc.so.6 for one of the 32 bit executables among all the 64 bit ones).
>
> But a cpack generated .deb package isn't that smart.

This is because CPackRPM uses rpmbuild which usually have a builtin step
for auot-discovering basic dependencies. At least if you build it on the same
platform/distro you'll be installing it.

> Is there any way to fix
> this, either in cpack or in my cpack config?

You can try to set CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_SHLIBDEPS to ON.
Read the doc to see why it is not on by default:
cpack --help-variable CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_SHLIBDEPS

> At a minimum, I think all I really need is the 32 bit libc.so.6.

You can always craft dependencies "by hand":
cpack --help-variable CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_DEPENDS

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org