[CMake] Why does ExternalProject require root access?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 02:41:21 EST 2013

2013/1/21 Ansis Māliņš <ansis.malins at gmail.com>

> > I don't really know but  your ExternalProject_Add( looks strange?
> Changing PROJECT_*_DIR to CMAKE_*_DIR doesn't help. Neither does setting
> directories directly instead of setting PREFIX.

I think I wasn't clear.
I supposed that your CMakeLists.txt was taken from your project which
requires external project(s) so that

ExternalProject_Add(bullet PREFIX ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR})

should probably be replaced with something like:

ExternalProject_Add(bullet PREFIX ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/extdep/bullet)

in order to avoid mixing source of the various external projetcs you
integrate
with one another and with the main project.

May be you can send us your main CMakeLists.txt and/or describe
the directory structure you designed for your project and external projects?

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org