[CMake] Building a tool to run on the host when cross-compiling

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Jan 17 16:54:56 EST 2013

On 1/17/2013 4:42 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Yes.
> Or maybe you can do something with the ExternalProject support, to first do a
> native build in an external project, and then use the generated executable in
> the cross build.
> I haven't tried this myself, but it might work.
I have been thinking that ExternalProject and cross-compiling might go
very well together.  You could do host and target builds, and cross
populate caches and set toolchains automatically in the ExternalProject.
  I have not tried either, but ExternalProject did not exist when the
original cross-compile stuff happened, and I think they could really
complement each other.

--
Bill Hoffman
Kitware, Inc.