[CMake] random BAD_COMMAND error on ctest

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:19:56 EST 2013

2013/1/8 BILODEAU Andre <andre.bilodeau at safran-engineering.com>:
> Thank you for your fast answer...
>
> I have made more testing, in order to answer more questions:
>
> 1- With ctest -VV, the timeout is 9.99e+06, which seems comfortable.
>
> 2- With set_tests_properties, I set the timeout to 100. No change.
> Anyway, no test lasts more than 0.5 s.
>
> 3- modified the driver, in order to output "PASS" or "FAIL", added
> PASS_REGULAR_EXPRESSION "PASS" into properties.
> Same random results.

In this case you driver script needs to ' echo "PASS" '
in order for ctest to capture it on stdout.

> 4- With ctest -VV, for passed tests, the output shows the output string "PASS".
> For failed tests, this output line does not appear, but the string "PASS" appears into
> the trace file - the driver made a correct output, but ctest missed it, it seems.

> I noticed no other difference between passed and failed tests.
>
> 5- I forgot to say that the same application ran with cmake 2.8.6, tests included,
> on a MacBook Pro (Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5), with no problem at all.

Then I guess the issue may be related to cygwin and/or ksh.

The cmake/ctest you are using is the cygwin one right ?
I mean you do not mix Win32 CMake  with cygwin ?
I think this may lead to unexpected behavior.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org