[CMake] LINK_PRIVATE and install(EXPORT behavior

Gregoire Aujay gaujay at movea.com
Tue Jan 8 05:37:44 EST 2013

Hello,

I am using cmake 2.8.10.2 on windows.
I want a library A to link to a 3rdParty library B. I thought that using LINK_PRIVATE version of the target_link_libraries function should avoid B to be in the link interface of A.
But if I export A, B's full path is in IMPORTED_LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES_DEBUG.

I know that if I declare B as an imported library I will not have B's full path in IMPORTED_LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES_DEBUG but only "B" which might be ok.
But still I think that the PRIVATE_LINK should totally remove B from A's link interface.

Is this the correct behavior?

Regards,
Gregoire