[CMake] Is INSTALL_RPATH Meant to be Relative to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX?

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Feb 5 13:15:01 EST 2013

On Tuesday 05 February 2013, David Narvaez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I found code that sets LIB_INSTALL_DIR to a relative path ("lib" or
> "lib64"), then later calls FindKDE4Internal.cmake where
> CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH is set to LIB_INSTALL_DIR and ultimatelysets the
> rpath of a library to something containing the relative path "lib".

I know this was the case at some point in I think the frameworks branch of
kdelibs, but this was wrong, and I think it has been fixed.
Or where did you see this ?

The install rpath must be an absolute path, or if you want it to be relative
to the location of the ELF file, use $ORIGIN to refer to this location, e.g
$ORIGIN/../lib/

Alex