[CMake] CPack RPM with file path "@"

Wang, Xiaoming (RIS-BCT) Xiaoming.Wang at lexisnexis.com
Fri Dec 20 09:55:00 EST 2013

We have some install files under directory xxx/@temp/yyy/
For CMake 2.8.11.1 "cpack -configure <config file>" run OK
But on Fedora 19+ CMake 2.8.12.x has fix for mantis ticket 0014063
Patch file name: 0001-CPackRPM-protect-character-in-filename-processed-in-.patch<http://public.kitware.com/Bug/file_download.php?file_id=4715&type=bug>

Here is what happens:

1)      _Cpack_Packages/Linux-x86_64/RPM/SPECT/<project>.spec.in<http://spec.in/> has:

   %files

   %defattr(-,root,root,-)

   @CPACK_RPM_INSTALL_FILES@

   @CPACK_RPM_ABSOLUTE_INSTALL_FILES@

   @CPACK_RPM_USER_INSTALL_FILES@

2)      @CPACK_RPM_INSTALL_FILES@  has the files which includes some files with "@temp"

3)      During CPack execution <project>.spec is generated. For previous CMake it keeps "@temp" and everything run OK.

But with above patch or CMake 2.8.12.x "@temp" become "@PROJECT_AT at temp". cpack fails with error: cannot find

Files with path contains "@PROJECT_AT at temp".

Our project is build for Linux RPM/DEB, Mac and Windows. We don't have the problem reported in bug0014063.
But now with this fix it break our build.

Please advice what we should do.

Thanks

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or
work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this document in error and
that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and
delete the original message.