[CMake] depend.make

Lars laasunde at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 16 03:07:08 EST 2013

That sounds like a decent solution from my point of view.

I will create an issue for this topic.

Regards,
Lars

Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 10:53:49 +0100
From: nilsgladitz at gmail.com
To: laasunde at hotmail.com; bill.hoffman at kitware.com; cmake at cmake.org
Subject: Re: [CMake] depend.make

    On 13.12.2013 10:43, Lars wrote:

      Using the include_regular_expression macro made a
        huge difference. The build time was reduced by more than 50%.

        The regular expression appear to be only applied to part of
        the dependency file path. So in the case of Boost this
        works pretty well for us because we use #include
        <boost/filesystem.hpp> but more difficult to remove qt
        dependency like #include <QDir>. How do you view adding a
        feature that allow applying regex to the absolute path?
        Secondly, the documentation of include_regular_expression should
        probably mention something about the target string (relative
        path, not absolute).

    Maybe CMake could filter out includes in system directories (like
    gcc -MM does).

    System directories in this case could be directories added with e.g.
    include_directories(SYSTEM).

    Nils