[CMake] Testing for a target broke for me

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 15:13:26 EST 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Williams, Norman K <
norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu> wrote:

> This is a case for ExternalProjects.
> http://www.kitware.com/media/html/BuildingExternalProjectsWithCMake2.8.html

I've read that before but didn't find anything new there. I also tried
checking the state of BOOTSTRAP_WXWIDGETS and the target separately and
both individually seem to test correctly.

It seems the problem is:
if(BOOTSTRAP_WXWIDGETS AND NOT TARGET wxWidgets)

though I don't see anything semantically wrong with it.

Also search for 'cmake superbuild' for discussion of how people are using
> external projects.
>
> An example build setup for prerequisites/projects here:
> https://github.com/BRAINSia/NamicExternalProjects

Very interesting but not quite what I'm looking for, in this case the main
CMakeLists.txt does actually build a project, I just need it to build
wxWidgets first.

Thanks,
Richard