[CMake] depend.make

Lars laasunde at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 12 13:07:02 EST 2013

Building our software using CMake and VS2005 on Windows platform is very slow. Debugging this issue I discovered the several of the depent.make files are huge. One example is a depent.make file that is roughly 10 MB. In this file most of the object files dependent on almost all boost header files. I am guessing a huge depent.make file would affect at least dependency scanning.
Obviously I do not know how much this affect performance.
Will take a look at ninja.
Any other suggestions?
Regards,Lars