[CMake] List of places supporting generator expressions

Petr Kmoch petr.kmoch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 05:46:36 EST 2013

Hi all,

I was trying to figure out whether the source file property
COMPILE_DEFINITIONS supports generator expressions and I found no clear way
how to do so (so I assume it does not, because genexes aren't mentioned in
its docs).

This got me thinking: is there a list somewhere of all contexts where
generator expressions are supported? I couldn't find anything like this in
the docs or on the Wiki. Am I missing something?

In the absence of such a list, are all contexts which use generator
expressions documented as such in the CMake docs? I.e. could a list of
genex-aware contexts be created simply by collecting all parts of the
documentation which list the genex syntax or otherwise mention genex
support?

Thanks.

Petr