[CMake] file( DOWNLOAD ) problem

Robert Dailey rcdailey.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 18:06:45 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 4:25 PM, David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:
> What version of CMake are you using? Server side redirects should be
> followed properly since this commit:
>

> http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=ef491f78218e255339278656bf6dc26073fef264
>
> Which has been in CMake for more than 2 years since 2.8.2...

What I'm saying is that it _does_ work properly, which is the problem
-- if a file doesn't exist on an HTTP server, and the file name was
specified incorrectly in the URL, I expect the request to fail (i.e.
NOT redirect) but instead I am served a "dummy" file due to the
redirect.

Anyway this only happened for images on public websites during my
test, but if it's an HTTP server I'm in control of for the purposes of
serving third party libs, I can configure it not to redirect and
instead return a response with an error code.