[CMake] cmake with intel compilers

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 16:29:28 EDT 2012

hmmm, I was a bit hasty in concluding that the issue has gone away in
newer releases. on another system, I have the issue with cmake 2.8.8.
The intel compiler version there is 11.1. On this system if I don't
include $INTEL_ROOT/include/intel64 explicitly , gcc's xmm intrinsics
are found causing errors (typical error follows).  Examining the output
of make VERBOSE=1, I'm not seeing any reference to the path containing
either gcc or intel xmm intrinsics. Is this a cmake issue? or perhaps a
configuration issue with the intel compiler on this system?

/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.3/include/xmmintrin.h(105): error:
identifier "__builtin_ia32_addss" is undefined
     return (__m128) __builtin_ia32_addss ((__v4sf)__A, (__v4sf)__B);

On 9/23/2012 9:38 AM, Leif Walsh wrote:
> Have you sourced the intel compilervars script in the shell where you invoke cmake? Check $C_INCLUDE_PATH and $CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH. You may also have better luck setting the CC and CXX env vars rather than setting cmake variables.
Thanks Leif, this system uses environment modules to configure the intel
compiler, they are loaded. I searched for the script you mention but
it's not present on this system. There are no *INCLUDE* env vars set,
however CC,CPP,CXX,F90  etc are set correctly to point at the intel
compilers.