[CMake] CMake and OS X compiler tools without SDK

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 18:16:19 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 14:26:54 -0600, David Gobbi said:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>Just yesterday, Apple released new "Command Line Tools for XCode 4.5".
>> Unlike their previous command-line compiler tools, these new tools no
>>longer require XCode.  They are stand-alone.
>
> You sure?  I'm pretty sure the 4.4 command line tools didn't need Xcode.app either.

Could be.  I'm still using XCode 3.2 on my own box.  It's the people
working under me who are using newer versions.

>>However, there is a caveat.  CMake is looking for (and not finding) an
>>XCode SDK.
>>
>>When I configure VTK, for example, cmake sets this:
>>
>>CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT:PATH=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk
>
> Odd.  For several Xcode releases now, /Developer is gone, and CMake was updated fro this change already.  Which CMake are you using? You might try with ToT.

This is with cmake 2.8.9, so the latest version.  What do you mean by ToT?

It could very well be that the person that I was helping with
this problem set some variables when I was elsewhere...
I should avoid reporting second-hand info to the list.

 - David