[CMake] CMake/Ninja support in Qt Creator

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Thu Sep 20 07:26:03 EDT 2012

On 19.09.2012 08:08, Wouter van Kleunen wrote:

> Peter,
>
> i had 2.8.9-pre3 before, i upgraded to 2.8.9. But only after deleting
> the CMakeLists user file from qtcreator, deleting the build directory
> and restarting qtcreator I was able to get the option to build with Ninja.
>
> Anyway, it seems to work fine now, and the building is much faster.

I've uploaded a new version:

- Now out-of-source project files are supported (for cmake projects).
   There will be two new files in the build folder CMake.qtcreator and CMakeLists.txt.user
   CMake.qtcreator should be opened with creator.

- out-of-source is default, could be changed by a check box in the wizard

- shipped ninja.exe (>1.0.0) is found automatically

- generators are updated when cmake is selected in the wizard

- a cmake warning about QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE could be suppressed when the project doesn't use Qt

Peter