[CMake] Nested @VARs in configure_file

Eric Clark eclark at ara.com
Fri Sep 14 14:38:58 EDT 2012

Hello All,

Does anyone know offhand if it is possible to nest @VAR at s? For example, can I do something like this:

@@PROJECT_NAME at _VERSION_MAJOR@

What I would like for this to do is to first replace @PROJECT_NAME@ with the name of the project, something like Foo for instance. Then the second replacement to replace @Foo_VERSION_MAJOR@ with whatever is set for the Foo_VERSION_MAJOR variable. Is this possible in CMake or do I need to do some fancy things with cmakedefines?

Thank You,
Eric

Do not worry because you have no official position. Worry about your qualifications. Do not worry because no one appreciates your abilities. Seek to be worthy of appreciation. -- The Analects, Confucius