[CMake] Scanning dependencies of target slowness weirdness.

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Mon Sep 10 13:28:46 EDT 2012

Thought it might be interesting to throw some other numbers at this. Everything is running on OS X 10.6.8 32GB RAM/SSD Boot Volume:

7200RPM Drive using Paragon Systems NTFS Version 10
43.4 secs NTFS
7200RPM Drive using Native OS X HFS+ drivers.
12.6 secs HFS+

Both of the above are on the physically same hard drive, but 2 different partitions.

10.4 secs HFS+ SSD (OWC 3G Mercury - 2010 Vintage)
9.9 secs HFS+  SSD (Corsair Force 3 - 2012 Vintage)

Both the above were HFS+ Journaled on a 3G connection (although the Corsair is 6G capable)

The times were to configure one of my projects (dream3D.bluequartz.net)

Paragon says they are the fastest NTFS on OS X implementation.

Just adding some points to the conversation.
--
Mike Jackson <www.bluequartz.net>