[CMake] cpack -C CPackSourceConfig.cmake not making source package

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 15:06:47 EDT 2012

2012/9/7 Jack Stalnaker <jack.stalnaker at gmail.com>:
> --config worked. Wow, if -C is the wrong option, I wish it wouldn't appear
> in the tutorial and in the wiki section on creating a package.

The tutorial could only be fixed by Kitware guy's but I'm pretty sure they will.

By the way th issue has already discussed
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2012-July/051301.html
but not fixed yet.

--config  is for config FILE
-C is for build type config (Release, Debug, ...)

> From cmake.org itself. That's confusing. It's not the only error I've noticed in
> the tutorial. In the section on testing, it's never mentioned that
> enable_testing() has to be called.

The builtin documentation for add_test
cmake --help-command add_test
says:
"If the ENABLE_TESTING command has been run, this command adds a test
       target to the current directory.  If ENABLE_TESTING has not been run,
       this command does nothing."

> I only found that out when my tests
> failed to run. I had to search outside the tutorial for the appropriate
> sequence of calls, and then verify in the tutorial source files that
> enable_testing was called.

The tutorial may be improved no doubt.
In the meantime you may find other tutorial as well:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake#Tutorials_3

<small advertisement>
If ever you use this one:
https://github.com/TheErk/CMake-tutorial

and discover error and/or propose enhancement
I'd be willing to accept patches and pull request :-]
</small advertisement>

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org