[CMake] cpack -C CPackSourceConfig.cmake not making source package

Jack Stalnaker jack.stalnaker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 13:10:53 EDT 2012

--config worked. Wow, if -C is the wrong option, I wish it wouldn't appear
in the tutorial and in the wiki section on creating a package. From
cmake.org itself. That's confusing. It's not the only error I've noticed in
the tutorial. In the section on testing, it's never mentioned that
enable_testing() has to be called. I only found that out when my tests
failed to run. I had to search outside the tutorial for the appropriate
sequence of calls, and then verify in the tutorial source files that
enable_testing was called.

I did try an out of source build (making certain to delete the cache files
first), but I got the same results. It's still only packing the bin
directory with the built file.

Thanks for the help.