[CMake] cpack -C CPackSourceConfig.cmake not making source package

Jack Stalnaker jack.stalnaker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 11:18:31 EDT 2012

Even if I download the tutorial sources directly from cmake.org (for this
tutorial  http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake_tutorial.html ), unzip
them, and run cpack -C CPackSourceConfig.cmake, I don't get a source
package. I get what I would consider a binary package. I saw that another
user had reported the same issue here
http://cmake.3232098.n2.nabble.com/How-to-deliver-a-source-code-package-td6505888.html
but
didn't really resolve it. That user resorted to make package_source, which
does indeed pack up the source...and everything else in the directory. I
tried throwing some dummy "sandbox" files in there, and they get zipped
right up, too.  Am I doing something wrong? I'm following the tutorial as
well as I can tell.  It seems like the command above should create a source
package containing no binary files, and only the sources that you have told
it to include.

Thanks,
Jack