[CMake] OS X spaces in paths issue

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 17:12:22 EDT 2012

This might have already been answered on the list but it didn't come
up in a search.

Someone that I work with was trying to run a ctest
dashboard-generation script on OS X, and ctest was reporting "There
was an error: No such file or directory".  Running "ctest -VV" gave
more info about the error:

Run command: "/Applications/CMake" "2.8-9.app/Contents/bin/cmake"
"-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=RelWithDebInfo"
"-DBUILD_DOCUMENTATION:BOOL=OFF" "-GUnix Makefiles"
"/Users/ellen/TestBinDir"

So ctest was finding cmake automatically, but was failing because the
absolute path to cmake contained a space.  Has anyone else seen this
error when using ctest to build a dashboard?  I always build cmake
from source, so I didn't encounter this until I tried running ctest on
someone else's machine.

 - David