[CMake] CMake 2.8.9 missing ProjectGUID in vcproj of VS .NET 2003

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Sep 4 14:53:39 EDT 2012

This appears to be due to this change:

  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=1be4b6f4

which was made in November, 2011 and first appeared in CMake 2.8.7.

Specifically, this chunk:

-  if(this->Version >= 8)
+  if(this->Version >= VS8)
     {
     fout << "\tProjectGUID=\"{" << gg->GetGUID(libName) << "}\"\n";
     }

The value of "this->Version" used to be "71" for Visual Studio 7.1,
and the ProjectGUID chunk was unintentionally generated since 71 > 8.
When the version number values were fixed so that this->Version could
properly be compared, this code started having its always intended
effect: only generate the ProjectGUID entry for VS 8 and above...

Is this a show-stopping problem for you, or can you adapt your
post-build rules to work with CMake 2.8.7 and later...?

Thanks,
David