[CMake] FindXXX capitalization recommendation for new modules

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Sat Sep 1 15:05:18 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 11:59:46AM -0400, David Cole wrote:
> Rather, have the project itself provide a project/package config file
> that CMake's find_package can find without a find module.

Then I have a relating question:

With packge configuraten files the name of the packag is
case-insensitive (in contrast to using FindXxxx). What case does the
variable <package>_FOUND have? Does it depend on the case of the
package name provided to find_package?

Cheers,

Markus

> Do you have to write a new find module? What package is it for?
>

> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Daniele E. Domenichelli
> <daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I tried to find this out, but I cannot find a clear answer to this question:
> > what are the capitalization recommendation when writing a _new_ module?
> >
> > Let's say the library name is "Xxxxx"
> >
> > The module file should be FindXxxxx.cmake or FindXXXXX.cmake?
> > The variables
> > - Xxxxx_FOUND or XXXXX_FOUND?
> > - Xxxxx_INCLUDE_DIRS or XXXXX_INCLUDE_DIRS?
> >

> > Thanks
> >

> > Regards,
> >  Daniele

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany,  USt-Id: DE279960836