[CMake] JOM Makefile generation issue

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Oct 30 10:54:11 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to replace a Windows batch script with a python variant,
but I am getting some issues when calling cmake as a subprocess: CMake
Error: Could not create named generator "NMake Makefiles JOM"

I have tried to use the --debug-output and --trace options as well,
but it did not get me any closer to the root cause. The command is
basically what I am using from a given directory is "cmake -G"NMake
Makefiles JOM" -DCMAKE_MODULE_PATH=/path/to/the/CMakeModules .."

I am just really clueless as I am not getting too much help from the
verbose cmake output either. Do you have any suggestion how to proceed
with this issue? I have tried to dig myself into the documentation as
well, but this is all I found:

"NMake Makefiles JOM"
    Like "NMake Makefiles", but generates Makefiles for jom instead of
nmake. jom is like nmake, but supports the -j flag. jom.zip should
point to the newest release. Get jom through ftp - 0.9.4 has been
confirmed to work. Make sure the containing folder is in the PATH.

Jom's containing folder is indeed in the past. Help really welcome.
Getting frustrated. :)

Laszlo