[CMake] Relink to shared libs

DavidAllen dallen at insynchsoft.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 10:35:20 EDT 2012

I agree with Leif Walsh....

I am currently looking at replacing my unix makefile (linux+gmake,
solaris+make/gmake) and Windows VS projects, with cmake.

For the makefiles I get gcc to output dependency files based on header file
usage, using gcc options -MM -MF -MP -MT.

This has worked really well for over a year. If I modify a cpp file that is
used by the shared lib, then the executable does not re-link. If I modify a
.h file that is used by the shared lib *and* the executable, then it WILL
re-link.

Can I confirm that I cannot replicate this functionality with cmake ?

If so then this may be a blocker for CMAKE adoption , since we have long
build times, and dont want to make them longer.

regards. David