[CMake] WG: CMake Installerproject with NSIS

Lodron, Gerald Gerald.Lodron at joanneum.at
Wed Oct 24 02:18:25 EDT 2012

Sorry, i found the PACKAGE project now

Von: cmake-bounces at cmake.org [mailto:cmake-bounces at cmake.org] Im Auftrag von Lodron, Gerald
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2012 07:54
An: CMake (cmake at cmake.org)
Betreff: [CMake] CMake Installerproject with NSIS

Hi

I am trying to make my first installer of my already working cmake application but I have the problem that no output is done by CMake. I have installed NSIS, whereby my CMake flags in GUI are:
CPACK_BINARY_NSIS is true, CPACK_BINARY_ZIP is false and CPACK_SOURCE_ZIP is true

My CMake script looks like this:

SET(Srcs MySource.cpp )

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(
${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}
)

ADD_EXECUTABLE( MyApp ${ Srcs _Srcs})

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(MyApp
        MyLib
                      )

install(
TARGETS MyApp
RUNTIME
DESTINATION bin
COMPONENT applications
   )

set(CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME " MyApp ")
set(CPACK_PACKAGE_VENDOR "www.joanneum.at<http://www.joanneum.at>")
set(CPACK_PACKAGE_DESCRIPTION_SUMMARY " MyApp - Installation")
set(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION "1.0.0")
set(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MAJOR "1")
set(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MINOR "0")
set(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_PATCH "0")
set(CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY " MyApp ")

set(CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL applications libraries headers)
set(CPACK_COMPONENT_APPLICATIONS_DISPLAY_NAME " MyApp Application")
set(CPACK_COMPONENT_LIBRARIES_DISPLAY_NAME "Libraries")
set(CPACK_COMPONENT_HEADERS_DISPLAY_NAME "C++ Headers")
set(CPACK_COMPONENT_APPLICATIONS_DESCRIPTION " MyApp executable")
set(CPACK_COMPONENT_LIBRARIES_DESCRIPTION "Libraries used by MyApp")
set(CPACK_COMPONENT_HEADERS_DESCRIPTION "C/C++ header files")

include(CPack)

When I configure and generate I run without errors, when I look into my visual studio there are no changes visible. When I look into the binary directory there is also no installer found, also no *.nsi file which could be opened by NSIS. So how could I generate a exe ? Thanks for help...

Gerald