[CMake] CPack: Project and independent subproject

Romain LEGUAY romain.leguay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 04:45:02 EDT 2012

Thank you Eric,

I succeed to create the package by using CPACK_INSTALL_CMAKE_PROJECTS
variable.

I have some problem now to put my package in a specific folder. I try to
set CPACK_TOPLEVEL_TAG variable but there is no change...

Le 22/10/12 20:59, Eric Noulard a écrit :
> If you want to have control over what is installed the better to do
> that is to create COMPONENT.
>> This is a part of my CMakeLists.txt:
>>
>> install(TARGETS ${PROJECT_NAME}
>>            DESTINATION "Demos"
>>            COMPONENT ${PROJECT_NAME})
> like this but I doubt that you can name a COMPONENT with the same
> name as the name of your project.
>
> then you must either define:
> set(CPACK_INSTALL_CMAKE_PROJECTS
> "${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR};${PROJECT_NAME};${PROJECT_NAME}:/")
>
> see documentation
> cpack --help-variable CPACK_INSTALL_CMAKE_PROJECTS
>> I searched some methods to put the wanted files inside a package but I only
>> found how to ignore some files.
>>
>> Does anyone have those kind of problem?
> By the does your Demo/ directory have a "project(...)" command in its
> CMakeLists.txt?

No I didn't put any project(...) in Demo/ or Application/ directories.

Thanks again for your help,
Romain