[CMake] Looking for workaround to try-compile problem for Visual Studio 11 ARM

Dan Peterson petrsnd at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 00:56:13 EDT 2012

I am currently experience the issue described in this bug report:

I cannot generate a project for Visual Studio 11 ARM for my C++
library because try-compile bails with this error:

  error MSB8022: Compiling Desktop applications for the ARM platform is not
  supported.

According to the bug, all I have to do to work around the issue is
"add  <AppContainerApplication>true</AppContainerApplication> to
<PropertyGroup> section of test project (CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE.sln)."

I noticed that if I use the --debug-trycompile option to cmake.exe it
will leave my CMakeTmp directory, but if I modify the project it just
gets delete and regenerated.  Is there a way to workaround this
problem?

Is there a way to set a project property using cmake?  Can you do it
for the try-compile stage of project generation?

Please help!

---
Dan