[CMake] CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_PREINSTALL_COMMAND Not Working as Expected

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Oct 17 13:43:41 EDT 2012

Your template.in file is modified from what is in CMake. Did you move the
CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_PREINSTALL_**COMMANDS up one line?

The template.in file is configured at CPack time into a file in your build
tree called "_CPack_Packages\win32\NSIS\project.nsi" -- you'll see the
"File /r" in that file.

If I add your CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_PREINSTALL_COMMANDS to the
Tests/Tutorial/Step7/CMakeLists.txt file in the CMake test suite, I see the
message box pop up just where I'd expect it to: on the final screen of the
installer, but before the files are actually installed.

Are you saying you *never* see the message box appear, or are you just
expecting to see it in an earlier screen?

What version of NSIS are you using? (I'm using 2.46)

David