[CMake] CPack, Debian packages and libraries

Benjamin Kloster benjamin.kloster at videlco.eu
Wed Oct 17 10:06:44 EDT 2012

Ha! I just found the solution. Apparently, you need to repeat the
"COMPONENT" in the install command for each destination, like so:

install(
     TARGETS gdcp
     LIBRARY DESTINATION lib COMPONENT gdcp_lib
     RUNTIME DESTINATION bin COMPONENT gdcp_lib
)

This is also mentioned in the CMake documentation, I misread the
brackets there.

On 10/17/2012 03:46 PM, Eric Noulard wrote:
> To which component do they belong to?
Didn't matter, adding them to either the lib or the executable component
works.
> Could you try (in the DEB case) to:
>
> set(CPACK_DEB_COMPONENT_INSTALL 1)
> set(CPACK_COMPONENTS_GROUPING ALL_COMPONENTS_IN_ONE)
Nope, didn't help.
> By the way do you set a value for CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL
> or do you leave it unset?

I didn't set it anywhere. And with the above solution, CPack seems to
find everything fine without setting it. But thanks for your suggestions!

Kind regards,
Ben