[CMake] Accessing intermediate Visual Studio output files

Arindam Mukherjee arindam.mukerjee at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 07:07:38 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am using cmake to generate VS 2008 solution and project files. The
directory structure of the source look like this:

Sources:
src/project1
     project2
     project3
     etc.

Runtime output dir:
bin/Windows/ver/plat/arch/<binaries>

Build dir:
cmake/Windows/ver/plat/arch    <-- this is the build dir

So basically at the start of the build I do the following:

1. cd cmake/Windows/ver/plat/arch
2. cmake ../../../../../src
3. devenv options top_proj.sln

Now my manifest files are built under the build dir:

cmake/Windows/ver/plat/arch/<proj_subdir>/proj.dir/Release

and I need to copy these to the runtime output dir. But I don't know
what variable to use to refer to the build dir. Any ideas?

Regards,
Arindam