[CMake] Creating package

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Sun May 27 03:09:18 EDT 2012

Am Samstag, 26. Mai 2012 um 22:02:19, schrieb Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>
> 2012/5/26 Kornel Benko <kornel at lyx.org>:
> > Am Samstag, 26. Mai 2012 um 17:31:18, schrieb Kornel Benko <kornel at lyx.org>
> >> Am Samstag, 26. Mai 2012 um 16:41:45, schrieb Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>

> > Anyway, this looks as like data.tar.gz were not ok. The package will be corrected, if I do following:
> >
> > mkdir tmp
> > cp xyzzy.deb tmp
> > cd tmp
> > ar xv xyzzy.deb data.tar.gz
> > tar xzvf data.tar.gz
> > tar zcvf data.tgz ./usr
> > mv data.tgz data.tar.gz
> > ar rv xyzzy.deb data.tar.gz
> >
> > Now "dpkg -i xyzzy.deb" is working.
>
> Ok then, could you try with
>
> cmake -E tar zcvf data.tgz ./usr
>
> instead.

This one produces the same _bad_ tar file.

The error output of
	#tar ztvf data.tgz> /dev/null
		tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword `SCHILY.fflags'
		tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword `SCHILY.fflags'
		tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword `SCHILY.fflags'
		tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword `SCHILY.fflags'

Googling I found
	http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-June/msg00734.html
or this one
which looks more related.

Following the last link to
	http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=22fb266d
is interesting too.

> I think I've seen some bug like this in the past I'll check the
> mailing list archive
> and the CMake bug tracker.
>
> Found it: http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=8790
> not really the same issue but who knows...
>
> I'll try to get my hand on an Ubuntu 12.04 box to check whether if I
> can reproduce the problem.
>
> This deserve a bug report to Ubuntu
> https://launchpad.net/cmake
> and may be we will get one for CMake when the ubuntu package
> maintainer get your report.

I feared, you could propose something like this :)

> Erk

	Kornel