[CMake] cdash hiding dashboards

Simon St James kdedevel at etotheipiplusone.com
Wed May 23 04:31:13 EDT 2012

Yngve Levinsen <yngve.levinsen at ...> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I think I've managed to trigger the problem. I had recreated the
> projects and just now I changed the timezone on my computer. By
> accident it had been reset to Canada/Something, and I changed it back
> to Europe/Zurich again. After a computer restart the projects I host
> are again only showing the Coverage and Dynamic Analysis.
>
> So, to trigger bug:
>  - Register a project on the server
>  - Change timezone on server (typically /etc/rc.conf or similar on
> Linux machines)
>  - Restart server
>
> Could anyone confirm this? Is it expected?
>
> Cheers,
> Yngve

I ran into much the same problem, and after digging around in the source
and in the mysql dump, it seems that CDash uses some "magic" timestamps
(in particular, '1980-01-01 00:00:00' - see e.g the big "$sql = ... " query in
index.php) and in the mysql database, these timestamps had been offset by
my timezone change (so they were, in my case, 1979-12-31 21:00:00).  This
caused this main sql query to return no results.   Much the same thing
happens in the "$groups = ... " query in manageBuildGroup.php, so no
current groups were listed.

I dumped the cdash database, ran

sed -i s/'1979-12-31 21:00:00'/'1980-01-01 00:00:00'/g cdash-dump.sql

dropped and re-created the cdash database, and re-imported from cdash-
dump.sql and everything was fine afterwards *but I don't recommend doing
this with important data unless you know what you're doing, and getting the
blessing of the cdash guys!* ;)

Hope this helps,
Simon