[CMake] Downgrade CMake

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon May 21 11:09:38 EDT 2012

You can simply unzip the .tar.gz rather than using the *.dmg installer. And
then move it into "/Applications" if that's where you want it.

Not sure how to completely remove knowledge of a newer CMake from the whole
OS. I know there is a history of what you've installed in the file
"/Library/Receipts/InstallHistory.plist" -- but not sure why it thinks it's
still installed if you've deleted it.

May I ask: why are you downgrading? Is there something wrong with CMake
2.8.8 that prevents you from using it? There have been hundreds of bug
fixes since the 2.8.4 release, so I would recommend sticking with 2.8.8 if
at all possible.

HTH,
David