[CMake] How to use verbose and debug output for CPack under VS

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon May 21 03:30:03 EDT 2012

2012/5/21  <norulez at me.com>:
> Is there an environment variable or a CMake/CPack variable which is must set?

Currently AFAIK there aren't any.
But it would be easy to add, you may propose a patch.

> how can I configure a project for Visual Studio to use the "--verbose" and the "--debug"
> options/command line parameters?

As a workaround I would suggest to craft a custom target that will do the job:

add_custom_target(PACKAGE_DEBUG
              COMMAND ${CMAKE_CPACK_COMMAND} --debug --verbose
--config CPackConfig.cmake
              COMMENTS "Build package with debug and verbose output")
--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org