[CMake] error executing example of vtk

Gonzalo Amadio gonzaloamadio at gmail.com
Mon May 14 15:05:27 EDT 2012

Hello everyone, I am trying to execute the vtk example :
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/IO/WriteVTP

As the example guide says, I create a folder call test, then inside this
folder I put WriteVTP.cxx and the CmakeLists.txt given in the example.

I am trying to compile it, and give me this error :

**** Build of configuration Debug for project test ****
> make -j4 all
> Building file: ../WriteVTP.cxx
> Invoking: Cross G++ Compiler
> g++ -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"WriteVTP.d"
> -MT"WriteVTP.d" -o "WriteVTP.o" "../WriteVTP.cxx"
> ../WriteVTP.cxx:1:24: fatal error: vtkVersion.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
> make: *** [WriteVTP.o] Error 1
> **** Build Finished ****

I am using Eclipse, in ubuntu 11.04.

Maybe I have to set up the compiling configuration of eclipse?

--
--------
Gonzalo Amadio