[CMake] Have Visual Studio project name be different than the executable name

Petr Kmoch petr.kmoch at gmail.com
Mon May 14 14:23:06 EDT 2012

Hi Cristian.

There are two ways to go about this, either using OUTPUT_NAME or
PROJECT_LABEL. It also depends on what you want the target name in
Makefiles to be:

(1)
add_executable(def) #name of Makefile target and executable will be `def'
set_property(TARGET def PROPERTY PROJECT_LABEL "ABC") #name of vcproj
will be `ABC'

or

(2)
add_executable(ABC) #name of Makefile target and vcproj will be `ABC'
set_property(TARGET def PROPERTY OUTPUT_NAME "def") #name of
executable will be `def'

Hope this helps.

Petr