[CMake] different assemblers in single build?

Alexey Istomin strowil at yandex.ru
Fri May 11 12:12:45 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Is it possible to use different assemblers in single build with CMake?

I try to use CMake for building embedded application - statically linked elf file.
Main CPU has 2 cores: general-purpose MIPS based core and DSP. Project has simple structure: main dir contains asm and C sources for Mips core, dsp-lib subdir has only asm sources for DSP core:

main/
    crt0-mips.s
    main.c
    dsp-lib/
        fft.s

GCC compiler and assembler are used for Mips sources, special assembler (dspasm) based on gnu should be used for DSP. Main should be linked with dsp lib into single elf file.
I can successfully build main app without dsp-lib. But when I try to add dsp-lib subdir and set dspadm as assembler, CMake still uses mips-asm in the dsp-lib. Is it any solution?

Thanks a lot
Alex