[CMake] Setting COMPILE_FLAGS property on a target in only debug?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon May 7 17:55:05 EDT 2012

Robert Dailey wrote:
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/3615
>

> This looks like an interesting discussion but seems like it would be a lot
> of work to complete. You're really targetting this for 2.8.9?

It's likely to be partly complete by 2.8.9, but I don't know how much will
still remain to do.

The main reason to put the plan on the wiki page instead of just doing it as
a lone ranger myself is to facilitate parallelization of the tasks.

> I haven't
> seen any input from Bill or David on this, I'd like to read what they have
> to say.

The plan will probably have to be finished first. It's likely that we'll end
up aiming for linking targets together (target_use_targets instead of
target_use_package), and I think that part is actually achievable in 2.8.9.

> Slightly unrelated observation, but the target_use_package() description
> in the wiki linked to by your discussion thread doesn't make any sense to
> me. Also what do you mean by "porcelain API"?

"plumbing API" is low-level API (eg calls to set_property)
"porcelain API" is high-level API (eg calls to target_use_targets)

Thanks,

Steve.