[CMake] Cache dumping utility to create a -C initial cache?

Ateljevich, Eli eli at water.ca.gov
Fri Jun 29 13:56:30 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,
One difficulty I tend to have backing up my cache is that it is long and not in the same format as <initial-cache>, a point I raised in a previous post. When blowing away the cache and reconfiguring it is not convenient to back up what is lost and do a round-trip back to cmake.

One thing that would be super useful would be to have a utility that gives the option to set the "non-advanced" options  into an <initial-cache> in its native (ie cmake) syntax. The cache might have to be adjusted for the new build, but it would be a fraction of the work.

Am I overlooking another way of accomplishing the same goal? I could write a python script (if I knew how advanced entries are marked with some certainty).

Thanks,
Eli